Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tasted beer #1 :-D


It has been one week since we bottled the beer, so they should be carbonated by now, though we're going to let them sit for a while longer, since their flavor is supposed to 'mature' over the next couple weeks (I have no idea what that means, but as long as it tastes good, I'm happy!).  However, Darren pulled out two of them for us to test this week, so that we can see how it turned out and so that we can get an idea of how the flavor changes over the next few weeks.  We split the bottle between the two of us.  It was nicely carbonated, and we were able to give a nice head to Darren's glass. 

It was delicious, in my opinion.  Quite hoppy, but not so much that I puckered, and it had a slightly sweet taste.  It reminds me a bit of Red Hook, but sweeter.  It has a nice amber color, a bit of a bite, and a good aftertaste.  All in all, I consider this a good beer--one that I would pay $7/6-pack in a store.  We are pleased. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment